Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MASTER BEDROOM: sources

Hi all! I have had some interest regarding a few "sources" for our master bedroom so I wanted to share the items in case you are wondering too!


1. THE OVERSIZED FRAMES: I bought these "assemble yourself" frames from our local Hobby Lobby months ago. I snagged them quickly because the gold is no longer sold and they were on sale for $2 each - but they still carry the black. If you don't have a Hobby Lobby in your city, these are very close to what I bought. I also used these same frames for our coral gallery wall in the den and the framed prints above my bar. I find them super easy and convient because you just buy the width and height desired for your picture - it makes framing odd sizes a breeze! I then got my matt board and glass cut from a local shop based on the size of the picture frame. 


2. THE "FAN-DELIER": I purchased it at a local fan shop - Dan's Fan City in Birmingham - and I know it sounds cheesy but it really is a neat store. The owners (and the website) basically walk you through "designing" your own fan from the motor to the blades, down to the the lighting attachment ... the options are endless! 


3. THE LAMPS: I had my mind set on these from the get go and were probably one of the first "new" items in the room. I knew I wanted mirrored lamps with a square shade and luckily I found these at Pier 1 imports. I wish they were still available because they were such a good price and can match any decor. 


If you are curious about any other items, don't hesitate to email me! Thanks again for all the sweet comments and interest in the room! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for sharing your sources! I showed your fan to a friend of my that is remodeling her house and looking for a white fan. I do have another question, where did you get the two picture frames that are sitting on the nightstand by the clock (in the top right picture). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I believe I purchased the mirrored frame randomly at Pier 1 one day and the capiz shell frame is from World Market. I believe World Market still carries those and they match any room! I hope your friend liked the fan!

      Delete
  2. I love the crystals on the light! So pretty!!

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sources! I absolutly love the frames! I am going to have to go to our Hobby Lobby here in Huntsville and see if they have them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I hope they have them - good luck!

      Delete
  4. Love your side tables-- where are they from? Love the great sources for us locals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! The side tables are the Coastal Living line from Stanley Furniture - you can see the exact links on my pin board: http://pinterest.com/kbowens/melrose-master-br/

      Delete