Thursday, February 21, 2013

COMING UP: our two year anniversary!

Next Tuesday, February 26th, officially marks our two year anniversary! February is always filled with lots of love for us since it involves Valentine's and our anniversary - but I have a feeling both of these celebrations may be combined in the future! We had a low key Valentine's this year; I decided to put my preggers feet up and relax and let the hubby plan dinner - it consisted of steaks, salad, mac & cheese, and asparagus. Totally a "man" meal, but it was all delicious to me! 

This year for our anniversary, plus a semi-baby moon, we are headed to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee for a little R&R this weekend. With Baby Owens due the first of summer, I really wanted to escape this cold weather and have my own summer vacay pre-baby, but that ended up being too much so we decided on the beautiful Blackberry Farm! Have you heard of it!? It has been featured in Garden & Gun and Southern Living, and is known for it's fabulous food and view of the Great Smokies. I love trying new food, and since I can't partake in the wine, I think I will divulge myself in a variety of delicious foods! 

Check out these images of the property:






all photos via

We are really excited! We have a couples massage and skeet shooting on the agenda so it should be interesting! The farm has lots of outdoor activities like horseback riding, fly fishing, hiking, bike riding, etc. but I thought the hubby would enjoy the skeet shooting and it would be something fun to do together. Keep your fingers crossed! 

Yay, today is my Friday! Hope everyone has had a wonderful week and has a nice weekend!

6 comments:

  1. The scenery and decor is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exciting to hear! I can't wait to check it all out!

      Delete
  2. looks like a beautiful place! enjoy your mini-vacay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! Hopefully this chilly weather will cooperate! :)

      Delete
  3. O wow this looks so romantic! Have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! I'll be sure and post an update afterwards!

      Delete